My heart is feeling lighter with March’s arrival. The excitement began last week with the Oscars. I thought they were entertaining, then fat Tuesday well, I’ll just say that’s a good name for it. This Sunday, March 9th, is the day we SPRING forward an hour. I welcome the extra daylight hours. Oh yeah, bring on the sunshine and dry streets and sidewalks. I can not wait to walk outside again without the fear of slipping on ice. Then there’s St. Patrick’s Day, one of my favorites. I’m a half-blood on my mom’s side. She always made St. Pat’s Day special. My taste buds are doing a jig thinking about corned beef and cabbage and Irish soda bread. And what would this holiday be without a green beverage? Hmm, an organic green juice or a green beer? Tough decision . . .
As we prepare for all of our Michigan seasons as they approach, I’m especially looking forward to the planning of this one.
Here’s the beginning of my list, or chart as they call it in Jersey. ;>)
In preparation for SPRING…
- I’m starting a herb garden.
- Picked up paint sample cards for the family room
- Gotta have a shamrock plant, a purple one of course
- Find the lilac pump soap and candles
- Put out the tulip dish towels
- Working on spring poems (will share on my March 20th blog)
- I already bought a new pastel watercolor top to wear on March 20th, the first day of Spring (I think I may do this for all the first days of our changing seasons. Hey, this could become a seasonal top-buying trend. What do you think?)
What are you doing to celebrate this long-awaited SPRING this year?